The party was wonderful despite a last second location change (blast you high winds!) and I'm so excited to post photos of all the cutie-patooties that were there. Before I do, I wanted to share this recipe I hodged-podged together the other night for the hubs and I.
I say hodged-podged because I failed to pick up like 3 of the ingredients, but it still worked out beautifully. I even got a "this is so good, I want to punch you". One of the highest compliments a meal can receive in our house.
- 24 sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- Cooking spray
- Green onions
- Salt & pepper
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup mango fruit beverage (I used Snapple)
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
1. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle scallops evenly with pepper and salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
2. Using the same pan as the scallops, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in mangos and fruit juice, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 3 minutes. Stir in mint.
3. Discard any accumulated juices from scallops; top evenly with Mangos and green onions. Serve right away with a side of jasmine rice and enjoy!
recipe basterized from MyRecipes.com ;-)